2015. június 19., péntek

Adventures of a suitcase

Hello Everyone,
I’m a simple black suitcase, and although I’m very big, I don’t have any specialities. I don’t have any colourful or funny signs, writings so you can say that I’m an average luggage. That kind of luggage which is used during a long trip or flight and you can carry inside me almost your whole wardrobe. So I’m nothing special but my journeys are known all around the world.

It all started in Spain. My boss, Alba put many things into me and we travelled together to Poland. After that she forgot me and I was standing in her room’s corner. This period was quite boring, the only interesting event was when we moved to another room and we got a lovely, new roommate. Then the same, grey days continued. It lasted until June when she put her stuffs inside me again. Soon it turned out that we wouldn’t go together back to Spain because first she were going to travel somewhere else, without me. I don’t have to say that I was huffed and I didn’t speak to her for two weeks. And to be honest I was crying a bit. Then I calmed down and I started to look forward my lonely trip. I was excited and firstly I was supposed to travel with a private company. Here started the complications.

With Alba and her brother we went to this company but it was too late and the company couldn’t send me. So they took me back to the dorm and she asked her roommate to send me. After that we said goodbye to each other and she left. I was a bit scary what will happen now but one day Elena, her roommate decided to take me to the company and send me home.
This picture is just an illustration. I'm prettier.
I said bye to every corner which I know well and we started our journey to the company. Tine and Zita (another Erasmus friends) joined to us in front of the dormitory. Here I must tell you that I was heavy and I was wrapped with cellophane and tape. I wasn’t simple any more. Sadly, pushing me wasn’t too easy for the girls especially not on the cobble stones. But they were strong and they managed to do it. They also brought me up to the tram. I felt we were travelling and I started to dream about my home, my smaller suitcase brothers and sisters and my backpack friends. Then we got off the tram and we walked again. The girls pushed me together and sometimes I felt really sorry because it was difficult and I was too fat. Finally we arrived to the company and a lady measured me. I was 22 kg. All of us were surprised, we didn’t expect that. I seemed much heavier but I was relieved, maybe it won’t be expensive and I can start my final trip. Unfortunately it didn’t happen. The girls were showed the price and they found it too much so they decided to take me back. Again! Then they sent a message to Alba and they asked her whether they can send me by post. I was really disappointed that I cannot travel again. The girls were kind to me but they had to travel back to the dorm with me again. After that they decided to take me to the post office. They climbed up the stairs with me and we waited in the post office. When it was our turn, I was pushed through a door and a lady measured me. It was 22kg again, nothing surprising. What was surprising, what the lady told to the girls. They couldn’t send more than 20 kg! I was only 2 kg more! I saw their faces and they were a little bit angry and disappointed. I was sad and desperate as well. And Elena, Tine and Zita took me back to the dormitory room AGAIN! I couldn’t believe and I thought I would never go back home. Luckily the girls are smarter than me so they cut my coat and they looked inside me. They wanted to take out some clothes, things to make me lighter. They found and took out a box, sandals and a pair of boots. Next they wanted to measure me with a small bathroom scale but somehow I didn’t fit and they couldn’t measure me alone. So they were experimenting how they could measure me. Finally all of them stood on the scale once and they hold me. They estimated my weight and they said it would be Ok now. Then they wrapped me again and they ate cake. I wanted to go but they were chatting to Alba (who let them send me by the post) and they were playing with the tower of the tape.

After this intermezzo we attempted to go to post office (hopefully finally). The girls bought a box for the things they had taken out from me. They wrapped this box too and they sat tiredly when they were waiting for sending me. After a 10 minutes a lady asked them to give her the box. She measured it and it was more than 2 kg. I was happy that it would travel with me, at least I didn’t have to travel alone. Then ta-ta-tam I was measured. 19 and something kg! Success. I heard the girls were laughing while I was pushed into a room. They were relieved and a suitcase fell down from their heart. I was relieved, too. Finally, the whole torture finished and I was so happy!

At that time I didn’t know that other adventures were waiting for me. But this is another story…

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése