2015. április 15., szerda

After Easter

At Easter we had a one week holiday, so I went home. Although the weather wasn’t very good, but I spent a good time with my family, I ate Hungarian foods and I could go to Fertő lake by bicycle. And of course I was in the church and I could meet my bigger family on Easter Sunday.

These days were quick and then I found myself in Warsaw again. I felt that I didn’t go back home. But finally Poland is going to be green and the trees started flourishing. So I couldn’t resist the temptation to try the bicycles. Like in Budapest, in Warsaw I can use bicycles from different points of the city. The good thing is that this system, which called Veturilo, is cheap and there are a lot of bike roads so it was easy to go the university. It was fantastic to ride bike in a big city.

On Sunday we went to Płonsk forest and national park and we spent there an amazing day. It was a program for all of the Erasmus people from Warsaw. We planted more than 2000 small pine trees. It was fun, and we were working with forestres who got us lunch and they were really kind. We enjoyed the warm and nice weather, it was one of my best days here. Before we went back to Warsaw we got some alcohol and some people managed to become drunk before the dark. But no one could exceed the guy who was selling and throwing tires and he was drunk as well.

Next day some of us went to the Katyn March of the Shadows. This was a commemoration of Katyn. Soviet soldiers killed Polish soldiers in 1940 in the forests of Szmolensk (the most famous place is Katyn). For a long while it was a secret and for years it was known that Germans did this terrible massacre. In 1943 the Germans found the graves but Gorbachev was the first who told in 1990 that Soviets were responsible for that. Andrzej Wajda made a film about Katyn and in 2010 another horrible thing happened. The Polish political elite with the president and his wife went to Katyn by plane. The plane fell down and nobody survived it. Though our teacher, who was investigating the accident, told us it was a fatal consequences of a lot of failures, some people still claim it wasn’t an accident. But one thing is sure, this is a painful tragedy for Polish nation as well as Katyn. On Sunday the 8. March of the Shadows were organized in Warsaw. This was the 75th anniversary of Katyn. Soldiers led the march and we followed them. A lot of people joined to the march and some of them had flags.

After that we had a funnier program. We celebrated the birthday of the Greek guy. It was a surprise party but an extraordinally one. Because we taught him cooking. So he knows now how to make spaghetti and salad. We had a really good night and we didn’t miss a cake. Then, another amazing week is gone.



Faces from the March


Spring!




Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése